- 1 Morning Glory 2 When played: This gets +1/+1 if you made at least 6 Sun this turn.
- 2 Berry Blast 4 Do 3 damage.
- 2 Sage Sage 4 When played: If you made at least 6 Sun this turn, draw a card.
- 2 Water Balloons 3 A Zombie gets -1/-1. If you made at least 6 Sun this turn, it gets -2/-2 instead.
- 2 Wild Berry 1 When played: This moves to another random lane.
- 3 2nd-Best Taco of All Time 3 Heal 4. Draw a card.
- 3 Whack-a-Zombie 3 Destroy a Zombie with 3 Strength or less.
- 4 Sour Grapes 2 When played: Do 1 damage to each Zombie.
- 5 Bluesberry 2 When played: Do 2 Damage.
- 5 Power Flower 4 Strikethrough Start of turn: Heal your Hero for 1 for each Flower.
- 5 Squash 4 Destroy a Zombie.
- 6 Cherry Bomb 3 Do 4 damage to each Zombie here and next door.
- 6 Dandy Lion King 1 When played: Damage the Zombie Hero for half their Health.
- 7 Grapes of Wrath 1 When destroyed: Do 6 damage to the Zombie Hero.
- 8 Kernel Corn 1 When played: Do 4 damage to each Zombie.
- 10 Cornucopia 2 When played: Make a random Plant in each other lane.
Hi guys, I’m Redshadows, and Solar Flare is my favourite plant hero by far. I played her a lot since the start, having quite success with a more budget version of this deck until gold league that you can find here: http://pvzheroesdecks.com/deck/solar-bolt . After reaching gold, around 25,26 this decks started to be less effective, due to the presence of OTK decks and Gravestone Neptuna and facing generally stronger card during the late game. In fact the main problem with this budget deck, is the lack of consistency late game, when you can only rely on one copy of Cornucopia or dandy or whatever. Before posting this Premium version, I tried multiples version, in order to find a perfect balance between having a decent mana curve, that allows me to reach the late game without too much struggling, and a strong late game presence, relying on more card than just one Cornucopia. Btw this deck it’s the result of all the feedback I had from you guys (really a lot, thank you!), all the removal deck posting here, all the time spent searching for consistency. Let’s watch the deck more closely, starting with the Solar Flare super powers.
SF it’s simply amazing in a control removal deck, 3 on 4 powers are removal, and the 4th one it’s still useful:
- More Spore: The only non-removal power, useful to block incoming zombies attacking on the boards. Some times they can even trade, against not really smart opponent (e.s. UoP on turn 1). It’s required a bit of luck, NEVER play them aggressively, we don’t care about 2 damage. As a general tip of all your plant in the deck, you should never play them in free lane, always play in response to some treat, in front on a gravestone or trades or absorbing incoming damages, never play offensively.
- Scorched earth: Really good removal, and debuffer, useful against smellies, crazies zombie in general, he can help your WB for a stronger debuff too.
- SunBurn: Signature power, really useful, 2 damage plus one sun ahead over your opponent. I saw during my zombie games a lot of SF wasting the 2 damage on the hero at turn 1 just to get the sun advantage. DON’T do that! The sun advantage can be really useful, we can play a Whack-a-zombie on turn 2, and this is amazing, but really, don’t waste the 2 damage on the opponent hero, we don’t want to waste any kind of damage output we have and the sun advantage is not useful enough to let us waste this card.
- Weed whack: Another good removal, always remember, debuff are better than damage since we can let zombies survives on their lanes with only 1 or 0 attack, “stealing away” a lane from your opponent since zombie doesn’t have team up, and the only bounce they have is firefighter. Be aware from beastly kind of heroes (they have buffs) and heroes that have the In-crypted power, since it will reset the zombie stats.
Early Games Cards:
- Morning Glory*: Not really an early game card, since we want to play it at 6 or after, but if we really need to block that damage, it can be always useful to have it in the hand during the early game.
- Berry Blast: Our best card. Really. 3 damage, 2 sun. BB can remove everything on the board in early game. The perfect starting hand for me it’s with 2 BB at least, always dig for them. Don’t waste it against heroes, don’t waste it against useless 1/1, save them, if you can use W-a-Z or a super power, or WB, BB it’s such a good removal or damage dealer, we can even use them mid late game to trade bigger creatures (like Gargantuas Vs Sage Sage).
- Water Ballon*: Before our feedback I always played 4x. But they are sometimes redundant. Always try to play them after 6, since they become really effective for closing lanes debuffing zombies, bot u can always use it against Snorkels and Fishes.
- Wild Berry: This card it’s like a jolly. We can trade some Zombie, or do damage, in the really early game. The good thing it’s that WB will force the opponent to trade with her, wasting a removal (it’s immune to Rolling, Weed spray…) or a zombie, so, a good play on turn 2.
- Whack-a-Zombie: Strong early removal, supereffective against hearty zombie type since the all have 3 Life ( e.s.Mascot, Sumo, Flag). You really want to have it in your starting hand.
This is the crucial phase of the game, during this phase we will pay all the bad decisions.
- SageSage: Totally a midgame card, never play it before 6, this card actually make your deck made by 36 cards. 2 suns, draw a card, block an incoming damage. For this price you can’t get more. I always reroll this card if it’s in my starting hand, since i only wants early games card at the start.
- Second Best Taco of all time: key card, more health for us, or we can use it for heal an important plant we want to survive (usually power flowers). Ah right, we even draw a card. This card it’s really good, but it’s not so easy to play. During the mid game 3 suns can make a difference between a strong removal or try to raise our hp. Not always playing taco it’s the best choice, or a plant facing the zombie. Remember that zombies can trick you. Maniacal laugh, smoke bomb, L4L, if it’s a serious treat, try to remove it.
- Sour Grapes and Bluesberries: I will treat this plants as the same, the are really good walls, and the are useful removal, SG against crazy type, BB is more an all-round card, he can remove and body block, or face alone a Garg.
- Power Flowers: Our best friend. So hard to deny (3 it’s a magic number), it heal us, it have strikethrough. For me one of the best plant in all the game. It doesn’t mean that we have to play it above all. If we have really low health, always prefer to remove the treat that can potentially kill us, instead to play a power flower in front of it.
- Squash: Nothing to say. The Removal. Don’t wast it on weak creature, only high priority targets as gargantuans or other really beefy zombies. DON’T waste it. Even if you have 3 in your hand. Don’t. Never.
- Cherry Bomb: I don’t know how many games this card saved. It just remove the pressure from the board. If you have 3 lines with zombies on turn six i’t always the best play.
- Dandy Lion King: Yes. If we are lucky enough to draw it (always reroll if it’s in our starting hand) it can be a great play on six. If you never went aggressive then will be just 10 damage in the face, and a really good bodyblocking plant. Without big pressures that you really need to remove it’s a better play that Cherry Bomb, if it’s possible.
This is where this deck Shine! No meaning for me to explain you what to do, just play your legendary any time you can. They are all really good choice, you can’t really mess it up. Only one thing: in my build there are 2 Cornucopia since for me (even if it’s RNG based) it’s the strongest legendary plant card (for SF I mean) and i’t the only one that can really makes you win, no matter how much bad is going you game. If you prefer 2KK or 2DLK or another GoW it’s up to you. I founded this way more close to my playstyle . Feel free to explore and change whatever you feel. Thank you guys for all the feedbacks, without you I will never put a DLK in my deck and after some games I can say “Totally worth it!”