- 1 Black Hole 4 Plants here get -1 Attack. When a Plant is played, move it here.
- 1 Final Mission 3 Destroy a Zombie. Then do 4 damage.
- 2 Barrel of Deadbeards 4 When destroyed: Do 1 damage to all Plants and Zombies, then make an 4/3 Captain Deadbeard here.
- 2 Newspaper Zombie 4 Gravestone When hurt: This gets +4 Strength.
- 2 Quasar Wizard 4 When played: If there is a Zombie next door, Conjure a Superpower.
- 3 Fireworks Zombie 4 When played: Do 1 damage to all other Plants and Zombies
- 3 Going Viral 3 All Zombies get +1/+1 and Frenzy. Shuffle three Going Viral cards into your deck. Draw a card.
- 3 Jester 3 Gravestone When hurt: Do 2 damage to the Plant Hero.
- 3 Weed Spray 2 Destroy each Plant with 2 Strength or less.
- 5 Binary Stars 4 Gravestone All your cards do double damage.
- 5 Intergalactic Warlord 2 When played: For the rest of the game, all Zombies get +1/+1.
- 6 Gas Giant 3 When hurt: Do 1 damage to each other Plant and Zombie. When destroyed. Do 5 damage to the Plant Hero.
This deck is one that is actually viable for Z-Mech in the UL. It has been made by BluePhaze (http://pvzheroesdecks.com/user/bluephaze/). I made just minor amendments to it that I liked, while not saying that the deck got necessarily better – I removed 3 Valkyries and added 1 more of newspapers, final mission and Going viral.
I have played it occasionally through last week or so and lost twice from approx 20 games. What I like about this deck is that it needs to be played like a puzzle. Each card is a piece of it and it needs to be put together piece by piece carefully, taking in consideration the opponent and his next moves, and then it explodes in one or two bursts of violence, ending the game.
So it is NOT so that on T2 you always play Deadbards and T3 Fireworks. Final Misssion is being used as both control and finisher, the same with Binary, which can secure a field clear (w/Missile Madness or Fireworks) as well as finish.
It is hard to describe precisely as there are so many options of how to achieve the victory here , I highly recommend to just go and play it. It is very demanding but also very rewarding deck for those looking for thoughtful game. It is not a beginner´s deck.
Cards that can be replaced or reduced in numbers – Quasar, Intergalactic Warlord, Gas Giant ( I rarely end up using it anyways), even one Binary might probably go.
You can add Wrath, Valkyrie, Cake, Chickening, Stone, which each changes slightly the way the deck is to be played.
Let me know your thoughts.