- 1 Bungee Plumber 2 Do 2 damage.
- 1 Final Mission 1 Destroy a Zombie. Then do 4 damage.
- 2 Barrel of Deadbeards 4 When destroyed: Do 1 damage to all Plants and Zombies, then make an 4/3 Captain Deadbeard here.
- 2 Total Eclipse 4 Plants here get -1/-1.
- 3 Alien Ooze 3 A Plant gets -2/-2. If it's on heights or an Environment, it gets -6/-6 instead.
- 3 Area 22 1 Zombies here get +2/+2 and Frenzy.
- 3 Fireworks Zombie 3 When played: Do 1 damage to all other Plants and Zombies
- 4 B-flat 3 Destroy a random Plant.
- 4 Cakesplosion 3 Do 4 damage to a Plant.
- 4 The Chickening 3 Do 2 damage to each Plant.
- 5 Locust Swarm 2 Destroy a Plant.
- 5 Supernova Gargantuar 2 Frenzy When a Gargantuar destroys a Plant, destroy all copies of that Plant.
- 6 Gas Giant 2 When hurt: Do 1 damage to each other Plant and Zombie. When destroyed. Do 5 damage to the Plant Hero.
- 7 Nurse Gargantuar 2 When this does damage, heal your Hero for that much.
- 8 Octo Zombie 2 Amphibious, Frenzy When destroyed: Bounce this Octo Zombie.
- 11 Gargantuars' Feast 3 Make 3 random Gargantuars in random Lanes.
I’m hangfire: just your standard ultimate league player/novice deck builder with dreams of one day becoming as good a deck builder as TryHard or Finale. Anyways, made a weird looking deck to counter all the flower decks popping up and I must say it’s exceeded my own expectations so I thought I’d post it.
After the patch the new meta has shifted to form of flower control or flower healing. So I tried to build a deck to capitalize around its weaknesses. First, let’s look at their strengths. The combo that makes flowers so deadly is a combination of strikethrough, healing (powerflower/heartichoke/astrovera) and removal (briar rose) that make trading and attrition very unfavorable for zombies. Therefore it is best to instead to wait for the right moment to unleash a single deadly attack (Garg feast).
The basic strategy of the deck is as follows. Turns 1-5: Play completely reactively. That means almost only tricks and environments, and don’t play environments unless it’s to replace an enemy environment. You’ll notice that there aren’t that many 1 and 2 drops in this deck because one of the weaknesses of flower decks is that they have no means of rushing you down. Turns 6-10: On a clear board, you may start putting down Gargs so they start focusing suns on destroying Gargs instead of attacking your hero. However you are still primarily playing defensively and stalling. Time is on your side. Turn 11: By this point you should hopefully have drawn a Garg feast (or three). Time to go nuts!
Mulligan: Anything four brains and under really
Bungee Plumber: Really cheap and cost effective removal, and almost always useful. Do not go face with this unless it is for lethal. Remember this is a control deck
Final mission: Another amazing card. I’d like more but there isn’t enough fodder. However, you can almost always use the one in conjunction with dance off, barrel, or gas giant
Eclipse: A cheap environment for replacing other environments or getting that last tick of damage on an annoying plant. Only use to replace other environments or destroy a plant. Part of this control deck is environmental control
Barrel of Deadbeards: I don’t like putting him down unless I have a way of detonating him. Also works great on a spikeweed sector
Alien Ooze: With five environments in this deck you almost always have a 6 point removal
Area 22: Mostly just used for more environment control and to make existing zombies tankier
B-Flat, Chickening, Cakesplosion, Locust Swarm: You know what to do
Super Nova: a great 5, 7 body that absorbs a ton of tricks and damage
Gas Giant: more removal and a good finisher
Nurse Garg: The healing has gotten me through more than a few predicaments
Octo: Creates a ton of pressure, especially when both sides are low on cards. Watch out for rose supers
Garg Feast: The metaphorical cherry of on top of your hard earned cake. Play and watch the concedes start rolling in
Disclaimer this deck gets murdered by dark matter dragon fruit, brainana, onion rings, repeat moss combos, but luckily those are not quite in the meta right now.
Good Luck and Happy Playing!