- 1 Garlic 4 Team-Up When a Zombie hurts this, move that Zombie to the left. If it's a Vimpire, destroy it.
- 1 Spyris 4 Amphibious You can tap Gravestones to see which Zombies are hiding in them.
- 2 Hot Date 4 When played: Move a Zombie to this lane. When destroyed: Do 3 damage to a Zombie here.
- 3 Health-Nut 4 This attacks using its Health instead of its Attack.
- 3 Mayflower 4 Amphibious When this hurts the Zombie Hero, add a random Corn, Squash, or Bean to your hand.
- 3 Pear Cub 4 Amphibious When destroyed: Make a 5/4 Grizzly Pear with Amphibious here.
- 3 Shamrocket 4 Destroy a Zombie that has 4 Attack or more.
- 3 Sportacus 4 When a Zombie Trick is played, do 2 damage to the Zombie Hero.
- 4 Navy Bean 2 Amphibious, Team-Up When Played: All Amphibious Plants get +1/+1.
- 4 Snake Grass 4 Amiphibious Start of turn: Make another Snake Grass in the lane to the right.
- 6 Brainana 2 Amphibious. When played: The Zombie Hero loses their Brains.
Now that GarlicTeam-Up When a Zombie hurts this, move that Zombie to the left. If it's a Vimpire, destroy it. could be obtained by everyone, it is possible to build a Citron deck with only event cards. Actually, it was already possible since Snake Grass week, but I don’t have Jolly Holly or Red Stinger on my collection, so I tweaked my original idea a little bit – I added 2 BrainanaAmphibious. When played: The Zombie Hero loses their Brains.s and 2 Navy BeanAmphibious, Team-Up When Played: All Amphibious Plants get +1/+1.s instead of the last event card I don’t have mostly for some late game control and for the synergy with amphibious, respectively.
Pop Cap said on their forums that the Event Cards are made to balance “weak” classes, giving them some strength. As far as I know, Citron is the only plant hero for which is possible to do it, so here it is: an “eventual” deck for Citron. Considering this, would an all-event deck be OP? I don’t know, but I’ve had a decent success with it on Ultimate league (7 wins, 3 loses at the moment).
For strategies, there isn’t much in depth things for you to do. The mulligan in high level may be a bit tricky: you should know what are the most likely things that your opponent will do in the begining of the match. A good mulligan may win you the game. For example: against hearty zombies you should try to avoid to start with Health-NutThis attacks using its Health instead of its Attack., while against crazy, it is recommended that you get rid of Snake GrassAmiphibious Start of turn: Make another Snake Grass in the lane to the right. of your starting hand.
The general idea is that this is a decent control/midrange deck, with great ways to deal with the early pressure your opponent may apply with cards like Hot DateWhen played: Move a Zombie to this lane. When destroyed: Do 3 damage to a Zombie here. and stronger mid/late game zombies with ShamrocketDestroy a Zombie that has 4 Attack or more., while applying a nice pressure yourself, mainly from the water lane with early SpyrisAmphibious You can tap Gravestones to see which Zombies are hiding in them. and a huge treat like MayflowerAmphibious When this hurts the Zombie Hero, add a random Corn, Squash, or Bean to your hand.. Your finishers may be a Grizzly Pear, anything your Mayflower draws, like Laser Bean, Kernel Corn, Cornucopia, more Navy Beans or even SportacusWhen a Zombie Trick is played, do 2 damage to the Zombie Hero.‘ effect.
I hope you have fun as much as I did. Please, leave any strategic suggestion and I’d love to hear your feedback on this deck.
PS: I’m sorry I couldn’t build an all-event deck yet, but I may update this one when I craft the Red Stingers 😉